BabyBoardy Blog

You are invited to follow the developing life of Baby Boardy as the BB ventures from life in the amniotic swamp to the bright city lights of Melbourne.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Third day blues - fact or fiction?

It's commonly talked about that on the third day your happy pregnancy hormones disappear and the 'third day blues' strike. I thought that this could be a bit of a myth, or one of those things that can happen to some, but like many other pregnancy-related symptoms, perhaps not me.

However, day three arrived, and so did the tears. Rationally, I knew that I was teary because my hormones were all over the shop - this also meant that my milk was probably coming in some time soon. But I still couldn't stop crying - for pretty much no reason.

I looked a mess and visitors were arriving. So the prospect of hordes, no milk yet, a jaundiced little girl and looking a mess all added to it.

Thankfully, the all-knowing midwives, again, came to the rescue. "Have you had any alcohol yet?" asked one. I hadn't, so we quickly grabbed one of the complimentary piccolo champagnes we'd been stashing away over the past few days, and cracked it. One glass of champagne, combined with a few choccies and 20 minutes later I was all smiles, ready to greet the world!

What's more, wine tasted good for the first time in 8 months! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home