BabyBoardy Blog

You are invited to follow the developing life of Baby Boardy as the BB ventures from life in the amniotic swamp to the bright city lights of Melbourne.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Lunch & blood-tests don't mix

Last time I saw Dr Lionel coincided with the routine 'glucose' test. What we didn't tell you is that I FAILED! (And I studied for it and everything!) But seriously... the maximum acceptable level is 8.0 and I was 8.1. This meant that I had to go and have the full glucose screening test.

This required me to fast from about 9pm the night before and then go into the pathology place in the morning, have a blood test, drink the yummy glucose drink (again!), wait an hour, have another blood test, wait another hour and have a final blood test.

Of course, the day that I did it was a lovely 36 degrees and I had to wait in a stuffy pathology room for 2.5 hours until the testing was over. Needless to say, I ended up with a headache for the rest of the afternoon.

Anyway - that test came back negative. So the first one was a false positive. Cory thinks it's the fault of the schlep who was serving me he said it'd be fine for me to go and have some lunch just before the blood test. I don't think it was fine.

Dr Lionel was very happy. He asked if we had any questions - we'll have to think of some for next time... as we're a little bit too well read. We asked him about hypnobirthing, and he's all for it so we're going to see if we can meet up with a practitioner or three. I also bought this book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home