BabyBoardy Blog

You are invited to follow the developing life of Baby Boardy as the BB ventures from life in the amniotic swamp to the bright city lights of Melbourne.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Dr Adrienne

I thought it would be a good idea to go and see my GP for some advice and suggestions on preparing for pregnancy - given that I've been vegetarian for 13 years I wanted to get the lowdown on any special requirements I might have prior to conception.

I had some blood tests done and iron, B12, folate and blood sugar all came back in the very healthy range.

She gave me some suggestions on maintaining a healthy diet and exercise, and that if I hadn't conceived within six months to come back and see her. Generally, they don't worry until 12 months, but she couldn't see the point in waiting any longer than 6.

She was also most impressed that I was actually coming for advice and the general health check-up pre-pregnancy, and wished many others would do likewise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home